PHO - Pokémon Hackers Online
Go Back   PHO - Pokémon Hackers Online > ROM Hacking > ROM Hack Projects

ROM Hack Projects Find and play great Pokémon ROM Hacks here, or post your own hack project.
Note: This is not a place to recruit members for a team.

Old 26th October 2013, 04:04 PM   #1
Linkandzelda
RHO つぃちょう
Webmaster

Linkandzelda Linkandzelda
Send a message via AIM to Linkandzelda Send a message via MSN to Linkandzelda Send a message via Skype™ to Linkandzelda
Default Pokémon: Platinum Origins [Alpha 1]

~Introduction & Welcome~
Hey there everyone, I’m Linkandzelda, you may know me from Pokémon: Liquid Crystal and being the webmaster here. Some people might not be expecting this to be posted, a few might know about it and for others it will be totally new.

About 2 years ago me and Jambo51 came together and decided to work on a new project together. This project was called Pokémon: Platinum Origins. This is the time that the official LC trilogy was formed, and PO was going to be the second part of it. At this present moment Jambo51 has quit hacking and Platinum Origins was going to be cancelled officially, but I’ve decided to pick up the project on my own and see it through to the end.

~Hack Info & Story~
Pokémon: Platinum Origins is a demake of Pokémon Platinum from the NDS to the GBA. The story will follow a similar pattern to the original with extra additions and changes here and there. Due to the nature of some things in Platinum that might not be possible on the GBA to their full extent, there will be some substitutes.

~The LC Timeline~
The following image shows how the LC timeline is laid out and how each game in the series corresponds to the other.
Spoiler:

~Main Features~
Pokémon Platinum has a large set of features, and the plan is to try as hard as possible to have them all implemented in some way shape or form. There will be some substitutes though here and there, at least in the early days.

~All 493 Pokémon~
The plan is to have all 493 Pokémon included and catchable in the game, including the Pokédex, moves, items and anything else that was added to Generation 4 Pokémon games.

If anyone would like to volunteer to help with this feature, please contact me.

~Updated Graphics & Maps~
The maps of Platinum have been re-created in a new style, similar to Pokémon: Liquid Crystal. This gives every aspect of the game a fresh new feeling while exploring.

~NDS Music Remixes on GBA~
Thanks to new developments in GBA music hacking, we can now use the exact same instruments that are used in GBA games, resulting in identical sounding music with no loss of quality!

~Many Other Features!~
The above features are the main changes, but there’s many more such as…
  • Raised levels for Increased Difficulty
  • New Movesets for Rivals and Gyms
  • New wild Pokémon sets for areas
  • Obtain all 493 Pokémon
  • Additional Rivals and story events to tied into LC
  • Much much more!

Since it’s still early days more features will be added to this list as development progresses.

~Media~

~Screenshots~
Spoiler:

~Signature Support Banners~
Below are a set of signature banners you can add to your signature on here and other forums to show your support.

HTML Code:
[URL="http://www.pokemonhackersonline.com/showthread.php?t=14452-Pok-mon-Platinum-Origins-Alpha-1"][IMG]http://romhackersonline.com/sig/img/platinumorigins.gif[/IMG][/URL]
~Frequently Asked Questions~
If you have a question to ask, there’s a chance it’s been answered here.

Spoiler:

Q: Will this work with an existing Pokémon Platinum save?
A: No, due to the platform differences between NDS and GBA.

Q: Can I trade and battle with Pokémon D/P/Pt?
A: No, but you can trade to other GBA games that support trading, but only for Pokémon up to 386.

~Bugs & Glitches~
With every hack comes some form of bug or glitch. Below are the current bugs and glitches you can expect to encounter in the game.
  • Running sprite is not implemented, causing it to go funny colours
  • Pokémon second animations are not implemented, so they go blank
  • Rivals name is incorrect
  • When picking your Pokemon, Turtwig is shown as "Unknown"

~Current Progress & Downloads~
The current version is Alpha 1, which has little progress and goes up to around the first Gym, though things start to get iffy beyond Jublife City. Many houses and scripts are missing throughout, so if you find a missing script this is most likely not a bug but normal behaviour. This is mostly just a proof of concept of what to expect in the future, with many things not currently implemented.

Download Alpha 1
Adverts exist before the download to help support development.

In order to patch the game you need a UPS patcher, since this is the format in use due to the expanded ROM.

UPS Patcher for Mac, Windows & Linux

~Credits & Special Thanks~
Throughout development there's people I'd like to credit and say a special thanks for. But above all I need to thank Jambo51 for working along side me to get as far as things are. Without him we wouldn’t be anywhere as far as things are today.

Jambo51: For mapping various places, scripting and implementing the base work of required ASM
Diegoisawesome: triple layered tile hack, naming rival hack
Pokemon Dawn: some tiles from main tileset
ipatix: NDS Platinum music base

~Closing Notes~
I hope you enjoy the current release, any and all feedback on the game is welcomed. If you have any suggestions or questions, feel free to ask here in the thread.

Linkandzelda is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 26th October 2013, 04:10 PM   #2
mewthree9000
What does this button do?.....

mewthree9000
Send a message via MSN to mewthree9000

Looking good, I'm looking foreword to more progress in this hack!

My current projects:
-Pokemon ChaosBlack[v2]
-!!Elite FireRed ROM Base!!
mewthree9000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Likes Linkandzelda liked this post
Old 26th October 2013, 04:34 PM   #3
Linkandzelda
RHO つぃちょう
Webmaster

Send a message via AIM to Linkandzelda Send a message via MSN to Linkandzelda Send a message via Skype™ to Linkandzelda

Quote:
Originally Posted by mewthree9000 View Post
Looking good, I'm looking foreword to more progress in this hack!
Thanks!

Some people were saying that the LC timeline image included on this thread and the ED and YA threads was hard to understand, so I updated it to show how to read it better, in the first post and below.

~The LC Timeline~
The following image shows how the LC timeline is laid out and how each game in the series corresponds to the other.
Spoiler:

Old 27th October 2013, 02:30 AM   #4
mewthree9000
What does this button do?.....

mewthree9000
Send a message via MSN to mewthree9000

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linkandzelda View Post
Thanks!

Some people were saying that the LC timeline image included on this thread and the ED and YA threads was hard to understand, so I updated it to show how to read it better, in the first post and below.

~The LC Timeline~
Spoiler:

That timeline is still a little hard to read. Maybe you should try something like this.
Spoiler:

My current projects:
-Pokemon ChaosBlack[v2]
-!!Elite FireRed ROM Base!!
mewthree9000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th October 2013, 10:09 AM   #5
Linkandzelda
RHO つぃちょう
Webmaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by mewthree9000 View Post
That timeline is still a little hard to read. Maybe you should try something like this.
Spoiler:

When I have more concrete plans for every game I'll make a proper nice timeline

Likes mewthree9000, locococo12 liked this post
Old 28th October 2013, 08:10 PM   #6
GiratinaRider
I Ride Giratina

GiratinaRider

U r once again amazing! Can't wait for metallic fusion!
GiratinaRider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st October 2013, 02:23 PM   #7
ThirteenFour
I respect Zubat

ThirteenFour

For one, I didnt notice PO was supposed to be cancelled. I am quite glad it will still continue. (Also glad with the change to the timeline picture, it is much easier to understand now, thanks)

Ill wait till a few more updates before I actually play this; I am looking forward to a new experience. I do hope that I will be able to have a more appropriate contribution to this thread in the future ^^

EDIT:
(Was it mentioned which game this is a hack of so I can try playing it? Looks like Fire Red but Im not sure at all)

Last edited by ThirteenFour; 1st November 2013 at 01:21 PM.
ThirteenFour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd November 2013, 07:36 AM   #8
Skabagoosh
n00b

Skabagoosh

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThirteenFour View Post
For one, I didnt notice PO was supposed to be cancelled. I am quite glad it will still continue. (Also glad with the change to the timeline picture, it is much easier to understand now, thanks)

Ill wait till a few more updates before I actually play this; I am looking forward to a new experience. I do hope that I will be able to have a more appropriate contribution to this thread in the future ^^

EDIT:
(Was it mentioned which game this is a hack of so I can try playing it? Looks like Fire Red but Im not sure at all)
I think it's Emerald since I used the patch on Emerald and it worked.
Skabagoosh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd November 2013, 10:54 AM   #9
Linkandzelda
RHO つぃちょう
Webmaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThirteenFour View Post

EDIT:
Great, well when you do get round to playing, feel free to submit any bug reports, as the game is rather buggy right now and could do with a strong list of reports.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skabagoosh View Post
I think it's Emerald since I used the patch on Emerald and it worked.
Yep, to clarify this its Emerald you need to patch.

Old 4th November 2013, 10:22 AM   #10
XLR8
Rawr

XLR8

Ooohhh..... Platinum Origins...... Finally a GBA hack based on Pokemon Platinum right now I'm downloading it Can't really wait to play this!

Hacking Skills l PokeCommunity Account
XLR8 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
alpha, origins, platinum, pokemon, [GBA]