PHO - Pokémon Hackers Online
Go Back   PHO - Pokémon Hackers Online > Hacking Suite > Hack Showcase

Notices

Hack Showcase The spotlight of some of our favourite hacks. Consider this our Seal of Quality™.

User Tag List

Old 27th April 2014, 03:57 PM   #71
Bwgie

Bwgie
Default Yopyophop

Hello, after savage googling sessions about pokamanz hacks i got to liquid crystal…
This is the very first hack rom i'm playing (on the fruitphone lol!) because i really liked Crystal (i guess is my favorite of all times) and playing it with improved graphics is awesome, plus the added content is just something FUNtastic, it keeps me busy on building my team, exploring, and even feeling happy of all the random trainer fights, totally different from my standard run in an official release while trying to avoid most fights; i truly hope you guys will get some time to finish it.
Spoiler:
Lol for the Mc.Donald scene at Cinnabar island. And Jessy & Jimmy! Hope to see some more funny moments in the game.

First of all i never tried looked into rom hacking, outside sprite/loading screen editing so i don't know how long/hard to do are the things i'm going to write down here, so if this is too much time consuming or almost impossible to do, ignore it all.

Playing on the 3.3.00451 build.
Up to now (started it a week ago, with approximately 50 hours in, unlocked Mt. Silver access) i noticed a few things that should be fixed and can improve the quality of the already great job you guys did:
-Bugsy, Whitney, Jasmine (at the lighthouse) got some tile/sprite issues (stated from someone else too)
-ok, for this indeed i'm unsure if you guys changed location, or changed the tutor who teach these moves since it's based on fire red rom, in crystal these TMs weren't in list so learnable only via tutor; in the original crystal there was a guy in goldenrod city outside the game corner that for a bunch of coins was able to teach ice beam,thunderbolt or flamethrower in certain days (these moves have a 100% accuracy so me as many others would prefer em over the top tiers moves blizzard,fire blast, thunder);up to my game time is possible i have yet to meet the said above guy so apologize for this; if it isn't in the game i would rather ask, if possible and not too much struggle, if you guys can add him to the game or improve an existing move tutor please
-this is the bigger and somehow worst bug i found while playing it, first time it happened at Elite 4 with Will, Koga and Lance and later on with Erika and Blue too, so i guess is a random thing:
i'm not playing hit and run spamming the strongest pokamanz but i'm running a "strategic team" with Statusaur as leader so my battles lasts just like real pokčmon fights; while fighting against trainers (experienced this with Gym leaders and Elite 4 mostly) after a while (2-4 mins) the battle theme eventually changes to the "Wild pokčmon captured!" theme and, if after it starts to play, your pokčmon faint or you choose to run away, you can actually do this, finishing and winning the match. Some pics in the spoiler:
Spoiler:

-a much more stronger Elite 4 (after all they're the top so maybe first encounter level from 60 to 90 would be supertastic) and gym leaders pumping their monsta of 5 to 10 level right from the first encounter (this is easily doable with A-Trainer o stuff like this, so everyone can do it by himself but i'm just suggesting because you guys made a real nice job and making it almost perfect on his own would be epic)
-it would be nice to have some more double battles throughout the game either duo trainers (i'm looking at the bad guys of the adventure, fair fights shouldn't be in they're dictionary at all) or single trainers with duo pokčs
-in Ruins of alph after solving the puzzles and approaching the wall on at the far end of the cave, it occasionally crashes the game (removed the hidden rooms? i stopped trying using the moves near the wall for that crash issue)
-the pokčmon status panel bar in battle: the status ailments are quite hard to read/view clearly and all the writings (Pokč name, health n' level numbers) are somehow way too grayish and a lil hard to read so i would suggest if you could make em more brighter/whitish that would be great, also the HP,EXP,sex symbol text appears a lil toned down; so since is Liquid crystal why not making it more a light blue panel with a deep blue corner instead of that gray+black? here i made a quick image with PS to clarify what i mean, the pixel font isn't the correct one, is just indicative for the readability, obviously i don't even know if you guys are already working on this little things or you're making a total restyle of the battle status bar (maybe a minimalist one similar to BW), these are just some suggestions from an outsider
Spoiler:

These are some minimal things that doesn't ruin the game experience but if you have time to/can work on em, they definitely would make the difference from an hack rom to THE HACK ROM
-sprite revamp/editing/changing for some pokčs (really liked the revamp you already did, and charizard is so yummy), as for now the gengar one looks quite awful and since he is the best special sweeper ghost type among all of the available ghost types it's somehow a shame if his sprite stay as it is right now, the ones from B/W or even from R/S looks more gorgeus doesn't they? (obviously if they can fit the tile size without much trouble)
- a quite weird but also minimal particular thing is when your avatar is crossing the door to the next Elite 4 member, for a second appear another map with 3 doors like
-Karen overworld sprite have red hairs (maybe this can be a funny thing)
-Lance is somehow miss-placed, at least the orientation should be changed/turning to the player
-elite 4 doesn't turn to you if you speak to em from a different position over than in front of em
-in some parts (custom quests/parts during main storyline) is easy to get lost, so, if is it possible for you guys to add a line of text to the others characters involved in that part would be really nice
-Blissey and Chansey got enough of supporting the nurse joy? Please! Would be nice to make Chansey in one city pokčcenter and Blissey in the next one, alternating them in the whole game
-the loading screen is really nice but the perspective on where Suicune is, is somehow messed up, if the artist who made the bg can work some more on it (maybe increasing the roof palette with a pair of hues), it would be awesome!
-a very minor and TOALLY UNNECESSARY thing but that can take too much of scripting probably, is if you guys would be able to add the gen5 moves learned from pokčs from leveling and breeding

Ps: critical hits are something Greatepic! I forgot about fire red or even the first crystal but never saw so realistic critical hits, they can change the fights randomly letting you or the opponent win the match, i like it!

Yes i have finished lol, sorry for the ball-breaking text wall guys, but when i get to something i really like i can't pass over with just a few "Oh is really nice!" without sharing my deepest thoughts; i will be playing it next days (months or more probably years) to discover all the stuff in it and report for eventual bugs/glitches; keep up the great work guys and i will happily buy again you game.

Last edited by Bwgie; 27th April 2014 at 04:36 PM. Reason: missed infos
Bwgie is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 29th April 2014, 12:51 PM   #72
Ttar0914
Back again, once again.

Ttar0914

Quote:
Originally Posted by ceeZARhans View Post
Hello, I would like to ask.. when is the next release? I'm stuck at mandarin city with no route and science complex above it . ( Sorry for the rush.. I just live your game ) here's the problem:
You have to be patient, dude. And don't ask for release dates again.
Ttar0914 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st May 2014, 07:17 AM   #73
a160327

a160327

Hey guys, i'm new in here and im kind of lost. I was a huge fan of pokemon games when i was younger. i've found this hack about a week ago and i keep playin ever since but i`m stuck on the orange island's part. i had never played a hack before so im not sure if i reached the end of it or if im doing something wrong. i seached for a walkthrough but i couldnt find anything about the part that im playing i'd like to know which part is the end of the actual hack, and also if there is any walkthrough that you guys could show me.
ps: ive already fought the "nexus members" in the lighthouse (not sure how they're called), then i talked with a dude who has a charmeleon and an anoying sister, we both went into a cave and fought another nexus members and now he's staring next to another cave talking about um crystal onix or something, not sure cause i dont understand english very well. (and also im not able to speak too, but you guys probably had noticed it already.) anyway, i was wondering if someone can PLEASE gimme a hint. thank you
and also i'd like to ask is if there are any difference playing with a girl ou a boy, cause i started with a togepi instead of choosing one of the three starters, so i figured that it would be another stuff different too.

ps: im not sure if im posting my question in the right place, but if im not, im sorry! haha
a160327 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th May 2014, 04:31 AM   #74
esbreon

esbreon
Default evolving eevee into Umbreon

Can a mod delete this message? I posted a new topic about the problem. Thanks.

Last edited by esbreon; 15th May 2014 at 04:44 AM.
esbreon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st June 2014, 12:49 PM   #75
TauMaster

TauMaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by ceeZARhans View Post
Hello, I would like to ask.. when is the next release? I'm stuck at mandarin city with no route and science complex above it . ( Sorry for the rush.. I just live your game ) here's the problem:
Dude i have same problem have you find any solution jet?
TauMaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd June 2014, 11:04 AM   #76
Xanathos
Beginner

Xanathos

it's normal. it's the end of the beta, there is nothing more.
Xanathos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th June 2014, 10:20 AM   #77
atlien

atlien

Really, really need some help.

I have the yellow flute. I've done all the Alph puzzles and put all the flutes on the pedestals. It took forever, but I finally got to the power plant, the one reached through rock tunnel, only to find that Zapdos wasn't there. I saw it at the radio tower, but it didn't fight me, as some videos have shown, it just fled.

How the hell do I find Zapdos?
atlien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th June 2014, 03:38 PM   #78
daniilS
VIP
PHO VIP

daniilS

Quote:
Originally Posted by atlien View Post
Really, really need some help.

I have the yellow flute. I've done all the Alph puzzles and put all the flutes on the pedestals. It took forever, but I finally got to the power plant, the one reached through rock tunnel, only to find that Zapdos wasn't there. I saw it at the radio tower, but it didn't fight me, as some videos have shown, it just fled.

How the hell do I find Zapdos?
Seems like an issue. It should indeed flee on the radio tower, but it should appear in the old power plant after.
daniilS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th June 2014, 08:08 AM   #79
atlien

atlien

So that's my only chance of catching Zapdos gone? Because of a glitch?

If so I might just move on to Diamond or Pearl or Platinum. Hopefully there's a DS emulator out there that doesn't lag so much.
atlien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th June 2014, 12:39 PM   #80
captainginyu lc

captainginyu lc
Default nexus blocked my way

I have reached sand away town in orange islands and that charmaleon guy also started fight with a nexus member but all paths are blocked what to do next?
BTW cool hack!!!
captainginyu lc is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
33xxxxx, beta, crystal, firered, GBA:, liquid, live, pokemon, [GBA], [Gen III]