PHO - Pokémon Hackers Online
Go Back   PHO - Pokémon Hackers Online > Hacking Suite > Archived Hacks

Notices

Archived Hacks Any In Development hacks that have had no activity in at least 1.5 years are here. If a hack of yours is in here and you'd like it restored, PM a member of the Mod team.

User Tag List

Old 13th May 2015, 06:16 PM   #1
Yourking77
Map Designer

Yourking77
Default Pokemon Regions

I am thinking of getting into hacking and want to update emeralds graphics as a beginning project, I have a few questions that need to be answered first however.

1. How big can a rom hack be?

I am going to add many more regions that will at first not have any quest because my strongpoint in modding is map design.

2. Is it possible to add secret bases and how?

3. Is it possible to add more furniture?

I would love to have them in this hack but I would like to make houses for sale in Certain cities that can be furnished and have my own pokemon sanctuary in some of the larger bases that act as my own personal daycare.

4. Is it possible to add rock climb and how?

With all the regions in the game I will eventually add all pokemon and even though quest will not be in the new regions i would like to be able to explore and rock climb would really add a challenging obstacle.

5. Is everyone here friendly enough to where if I cannot figure a script out I can ask for advice at any time?

6. How frowned upon is it if I use light platinums graphics?

I am a horrible scripter and my graphics are even worse.

7. What do you guys think of the idea?

8. Which game should I hack?

9. If the personal daycare inside the larger secret bases works would it be possible to make it so you talk to whatever pokemon is in it and make it so you talk to that pokemon and it follows you?

It would not be in your party pokemon but if I could make it follow you then it would still be an i teresting idea.

10. Hadnt realised there was already an ultimate emerald so i changed this question and the name of the thread

Last edited by Yourking77; 14th May 2015 at 08:33 PM.
Sponsored Links
Old 14th May 2015, 03:00 PM   #2
Yourking77
Map Designer

Yourking77

Did this site die or soemthing? Am I better off hacking hg or ss?
Old 14th May 2015, 03:44 PM   #3
Black Charizard
Horus/Seth/Black Charizard.
Ex-StaffPHO VIP

Black Charizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yourking77 View Post
Did this site die or soemthing? Am I better off hacking hg or ss?
Haha, well it doesn't matter which of the above you hack as there aren't much structural differences between the two of them. Only the events differ so pick the one that's most easy editable for you.
Old 14th May 2015, 04:26 PM   #4
Yourking77
Map Designer

Yourking77

Thanks for the anwer but on my pc i play pixelmon since it is 3d more than any of the other games, I want to mod a gba game because then I have something to play on my ipad. I think if I hacked hg or ss I would give up more easily since I would only be able to play on my computer and I have better things to play on that.

Last edited by Yourking77; 14th May 2015 at 04:38 PM.
Old 14th May 2015, 08:08 PM   #5
Black Charizard
Ex-StaffPHO VIP

Black Charizard

Quote:
Thanks for the anwer but on my pc i play pixelmon since it is 3d more than any of the other games, I want to mod a gba game because then I have something to play on my ipad. I think if I hacked hg or ss I would give up more easily since I would only be able to play on my computer and I have better things to play on that.
Well you asked HG or SS. So I gave you an answer on that.
Going to your questions and with how much ease you can create a rom hack I wouldn't choose emerald but FireRed instead.
Old 14th May 2015, 08:29 PM   #6
Yourking77
Map Designer

Yourking77

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Charizard View Post
Well you asked HG or SS. So I gave you an answer on that.
Going to your questions and with how much ease you can create a rom hack I wouldn't choose emerald but FireRed instead.
No that is good info on hg and ss, I was being sarcastic though since those are newer i was wondering if those would get a better response. It is my fault since the internet is no place for sarcasm. Anyway If I did make it in fire red would I be able to add in secret bases as easily? And does it have gen 3 pokemon?
Old 14th May 2015, 09:12 PM   #7
Yourking77
Map Designer

Yourking77

IEmerald seems to be like it would still be just as easy to hack and people say its unstable and others say that is false info,I appreciate the answers you have tried to help me with but what I really really want to know is in the original post.
Old 14th May 2015, 09:34 PM   #8
Black Charizard
Ex-StaffPHO VIP

Black Charizard

Quote:
I am thinking of getting into hacking and want to update emeralds graphics as a beginning project, I have a few questions that need to be answered first however.

1. How big can a rom hack be?
ROM's can be expanded in size (XSE scripting editor even supports this)

I am going to add many more regions that will at first not have any quest because my strongpoint in modding is map design.

2. Is it possible to add secret bases and how?
- Secret bases are available in Ruby, Sapphire and Emerald. But probably can be added with Assembly eventually later in the game?

3. Is it possible to add more furniture?
Those are tiles, you can always add/replace tiles

I would love to have them in this hack but I would like to make houses for sale in Certain cities that can be furnished and have my own pokemon sanctuary in some of the larger bases that act as my own personal daycare.

4. Is it possible to add rock climb and how?
You can do this with Assembly (creating a custom move, or creating a script to micmic the behavior)

With all the regions in the game I will eventually add all pokemon and even though quest will not be in the new regions i would like to be able to explore and rock climb would really add a challenging obstacle.

5. Is everyone here friendly enough to where if I cannot figure a script out I can ask for advice at any time?
You can always ask for help, just keep in mind that people can be busy at times.

6. How frowned upon is it if I use light platinums graphics?
Maybe you should ask the author?

I am a horrible scripter and my graphics are even worse.

7. What do you guys think of the idea?
Well you mentioned your scripting isn't good so you wouldn't get much further without learning more of that.

8. Which game should I hack?
Firered is widely supported with tools and tutorials so that stays the recommendation.

9. If the personal daycare inside the larger secret bases works would it be possible to make it so you talk to whatever pokemon is in it and make it so you talk to that pokemon and it follows you?
Scripting

It would not be in your party pokemon but if I could make it follow you then it would still be an i teresting idea.

10. Hadnt realised there was already an ultimate emerald so i changed this question and the name of the thread
Answered most questions bolded.
Old 14th May 2015, 10:18 PM   #9
Yourking77
Map Designer

Yourking77

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Charizard View Post
Answered most questions bolded.
Thaks thats really helpful, I still thnk i am going to go with emerald since the day night tool and advance map are comatible with it as well as xse. Plus it already has contest hall and secret bases and battle frontier. Not too big of a deal without those things but I just would like to have them in it since I am going for as much content as possible.

However I am away from my computer for the week and have been doing research quite a bit with scripting and all the various tools i am going to use.

I have a few questions still but mainly you answered them all and evrything I have planned seems to be possible through scripting.

Also My rom will have all regions including atleast 20 regions not in any games so my biggest question is this. The rom hack limit seems to be 32 mb because that is all a cartridge can hold based off what i was able to find, for a hack run From an emulater can I make it limitless? It will be atmost 256mb towards the end of my work i will be willing to do, 512 mb if i get all the regions I want done.

Edit: sorry about my bad typing I am on my ipad like i said I am away from my computer. My fingers are too big for this and its pretty slow also.

Last edited by Yourking77; 15th May 2015 at 04:04 AM.
Old 15th May 2015, 02:53 PM   #10
Proxy-Pie
Beginner

Proxy-Pie

Quote:
Thaks thats really helpful, I still thnk i am going to go with emerald since the day night tool and advance map are comatible with it as well as xse. Plus it already has contest hall and secret bases and battle frontier. Not too big of a deal without those things but I just would like to have them in it since I am going for as much content as possible.

However I am away from my computer for the week and have been doing research quite a bit with scripting and all the various tools i am going to use.

I have a few questions still but mainly you answered them all and evrything I have planned seems to be possible through scripting.

Also My rom will have all regions including atleast 20 regions not in any games so my biggest question is this. The rom hack limit seems to be 32 mb because that is all a cartridge can hold based off what i was able to find, for a hack run From an emulater can I make it limitless? It will be atmost 256mb towards the end of my work i will be willing to do, 512 mb if i get all the regions I want done.

Edit: sorry about my bad typing I am on my ipad like i said I am away from my computer. My fingers are too big for this and its pretty slow also.
...20 regions? Isn't that a bit overkill?
I haven't heard of any GBA game larger than 32MB، and I'm not sure if you could even go past the original 16MB..

Tags
emerald, pokemon, ultimate