PHO - Pokémon Hackers Online
Go Back   PHO - Pokémon Hackers Online > Discussion Board > General Discussion

Notices

General Discussion Feel like chilling and talking about random stuff? General Discussion is the place for you!

View Poll Results: test
jk 0 0%
lol 0 0%
Voters: 0. You may not vote on this poll

Old 23rd December 2013, 08:03 PM   #1
Aperso
Yes I am Apple Blind
PHO VIPSuper Moderator

Aperso
Default Game of the year.

So once again another year has past. Unluckily for you guys I am still alive. And we have had a set of cool, and not so cool games. Games ranging from Pokémon X & Y to GTA V and everything else in between Like tomb raider and the infamous SimCity (Just the launch not the game but the critics hated it because of the launch... Lets not turn this into a rant). So What was your Game of the Year for 2013?

Personally, mine was probably the New Brave new world DLC for Civilization V because imo it opened up the game to many different ways to play So yeah not exactly a Game but it could near enough of been called Civilization VI imo.
Aperso is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 23rd December 2013, 08:13 PM   #2
Alice
ClariS <3
Style AdminstratorAdministratorPHO VIP

Alice Alice

For me...probably AssCreed 4 or Bioshock Infinite. Tis hard to hate on either of them

Edit: Oh and Pokémon X, obviously

"I dreamt that you were a dog. And the dog was my husband. Anyway, it was the worst dream ever." — Aisaka Taiga
Alice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd December 2013, 10:07 PM   #3
Pia Carrot
Orange Developer
Administrator

Pia Carrot Pia Carrot Pia Carrot Pia Carrot Pia Carrot

Pokemon Mint Fantasy
Probably KH 1.5 HD or Ocarina 3D
Pia Carrot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd December 2013, 10:44 PM   #4
Alice
ClariS <3

Alice Alice

Am I wrong in thinking neither of those came out this year?

"I dreamt that you were a dog. And the dog was my husband. Anyway, it was the worst dream ever." — Aisaka Taiga
Old 24th December 2013, 02:34 AM   #5
Elsa
Let it go!
PHO VIP

Elsa

Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate was by far the best of this year (and this came out March, 2013 so mine is legit).

- - - - - - - Elsa - - - - - - -
Twitter | YouTube | Steam | Twitch
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Elsa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th December 2013, 09:48 AM   #6
Aperso
Yes I am Apple Blind
PHO VIPSuper Moderator

Aperso

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sukiyami View Post
Am I wrong in thinking neither of those came out this year?
I just googled it, KH1.5 didcome out this year. But not ocarina of time.
Aperso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th December 2013, 07:54 PM   #7
Pia Carrot
Orange Developer
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by 80C View Post
Without doubts GTA 5, it pushes out the limits of its consoles (Playstation 3 and XBox 360).

Play3 got some great games that pushed out the theorical limits of the console like GTA 5 or MGS4 (Metal gear Solid 4) - and those were great - just imagine Play4!!!

Pokemon X&Y for N3DS seems cool too, but - I know this will be a blasphemy - after 2001 Sony Playstation and then Microsoft XBox were WAY better than Nintendo (even in sales)... that's why I'd rather older Nintendo games rather than the new ones.
Skyrim had more graphical appeal than GTAV...And was released a year earlier. If graphics decides what makes a game good, then Skyrim Legendary Edition wins???
Old 25th December 2013, 11:42 PM   #8
Pia Carrot
Orange Developer
Administrator

GTA V is also the most overrated game of the year. Played it today and it bored the hell out of me.
Old 28th December 2013, 04:13 PM   #9
Soul
soulless soldier
PHO VIP

Soul

Kingdom Hearts 1.5!

I played all the KH games EXCEPT the console ones (a.k.a. the MAIN ones), so a lot of plot holes were covered, haha.
Old 28th December 2013, 06:55 PM   #10
Alice
ClariS <3

Alice Alice

Quote:
Originally Posted by 80C View Post
I'm not rating GTA 5 as subjective: I rated it as objective (Marketing facts) + some of my friends that have it and they say they liked it.
Well that's dumb :S

This is a thread about your own personal game of the year, by the sounds of it not only do you not actually own it, you are basing your opinion entirely on what everyone else has told you. Not only has this severely limited your viewpoint, it doesn't actually give an accurate representation of what your favourite game of the year is (that you actually own and therefore can actually judge it properly).

This is SUPPOSED to be subjective, cos it is everyone's favourite games, which is a subjective viewpoint. I'm not saying GTA V is a bad game, but I haven't played it and everything I know about it is from other people therefore any opinion I have on it is frankly invalid. I also wouldn't count my own opinion if I had judged it purely on a few sessions playing it, you can't really get a feel of a game that way.

Also Skyrim Legendary Edition came out this year so your argument is invalid regarding Skyrim not coming out this year.

Tags
game, year