PHO - Pokémon Hackers Online
Go Back   PHO - Pokémon Hackers Online > Hacking Suite > Resources and Tutorials > Generation 3 (Traditional)

Notices

Generation 3 (Traditional) Traditionally, Generation 3 is hacked using tools, hex editors and patches. This is for you if you do that.

User Tag List

Old 7th October 2013, 03:24 PM   #41
Team Fail
Balance and Ruin
Ex-StaffStyle AdminstratorPHO VIP

Team Fail Team Fail Team Fail Team Fail Team Fail

A-Map 1.92 is far less buggy than 1.95 (Which has been out for a while, mind you), but 1.95 has some useful features over 1.92 (Like a visual map connections editor). Whichever you use is up to the user, but both have pros and cons. Once 1.95 sees some bugfixes from Lu-Ho (Which will probably take forever and then some), it'll be a much nicer program.

Thank you for your time, PHO. I won't soon forget it.
Team Fail is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 7th October 2013, 03:29 PM   #42
mewthree9000
Junior Trainer

mewthree9000 mewthree9000

Quote:
Originally Posted by Team Fail View Post
A-Map 1.92 is far less buggy than 1.95 (Which has been out for a while, mind you), but 1.95 has some useful features over 1.92 (Like a visual map connections editor). Whichever you use is up to the user, but both have pros and cons. Once 1.95 sees some bugfixes from Lu-Ho (Which will probably take forever and then some), it'll be a much nicer program.
That backs up my statement, now you have to go back and forth in two different versions of the same program just to get the same result, highly Ineffective. Also from my experience, the connection viewer was buggy crap, and it would have been more productive to just view all the connections at once like in Spiky's DS Map Editor, or have a tetris-like block sliding interface. Non-the-less we never needed it before, it's all just bells and whistles. Lu-ho doesn't care anymore.

Last edited by mewthree9000; 7th October 2013 at 03:32 PM.
mewthree9000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th October 2013, 03:36 PM   #43
Team Fail
Balance and Ruin
Ex-StaffStyle AdminstratorPHO VIP

Team Fail Team Fail Team Fail Team Fail Team Fail

Quote:
Originally Posted by mewthree9000 View Post
That backs up my statement even more, now you have to go back and forth from two different versions of the same program just to get the same result. Ineffective. Also from my experience, the connection viewer was buggy and crap, and it would have been more productive to just view all the connections at once like in Spiky's DS Map Editor, or have a tetris-like block sliding interface. Non-the-less we never needed it before, it's all just bells and whistles. Lu-ho doesn't care anymore.
Not gonna lie, but his editor is pretty much what every editor needs to become. It's just short of having perfection, it just needs compatibility updates and a few additional features that it has to have to ensure it works (I know of a few for the next version), and for it being a relatively new program, it has a lot of great features and functionality.

Thank you for your time, PHO. I won't soon forget it.
Team Fail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th October 2013, 03:40 PM   #44
AriNikoBradshaw
Greetings.

AriNikoBradshaw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Team Fail View Post
Not gonna lie, but his editor is pretty much what every editor needs to become. It's just short of having perfection, it just needs compatibility updates and a few additional features that it has to have to ensure it works (I know of a few for the next version), and for it being a relatively new program, it has a lot of great features and functionality.
It has everything functionally down, and every editor should at least have what AM already has. Bells & whistles-wise, though, I can see quite a bit that can be added. None of it is really necessary though.
Old 7th October 2013, 04:15 PM   #45
Linkandzelda
RHO つぃちょう
Webmaster

Linkandzelda Linkandzelda Linkandzelda

Well regardless, I included both versions in this pack for those who need the extra functions, me being one who doesn't ever tough 1.95.

Linkandzelda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th December 2013, 05:09 PM   #46
nacho

nacho

I tried to download this, but it's sending up warning flags from my anti-virus. McAfee says it “contains viruses, spyware, and other potentially unwanted programs”.

Anyone else getting this? Should I be worried, or download it anyway?
nacho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th December 2013, 05:55 PM   #47
Pia Carrot
Orange Developer
Administrator

Pia Carrot Pia Carrot Pia Carrot Pia Carrot Pia Carrot

Quote:
Originally Posted by nacho View Post
I tried to download this, but it's sending up warning flags from my anti-virus. McAfee says it “contains viruses, spyware, and other potentially unwanted programs”.

Anyone else getting this? Should I be worried, or download it anyway?
That would be McAfee. It's safe, don't worry.
Pia Carrot is offline   Reply With Quote
Likes Elsa liked this post
Old 20th December 2013, 07:14 PM   #48
Arylos

Arylos
Default General inquiry

Hello, I know this seems off topic, but I am *extremely* new to hacking! I just got out of HTML encoding so this is a whole new world for me. I'm using C++ code for my hack.

I'm experimenting by using Pokemon Emerald, one of my favorites. After a code mix-up, I am finally back on the project.

I just have to say thanks for the pack. It is extremely helpful, especially with YAPE. For some reason, I can't find that anywhere.

I am looking for specific programs or anything close to what I need. One; I want to make a new Pokemon type, like in Pokemon Prism, but all of the programs I find merely edit current types and not make an entirely new one. Even with the included Type Resistance Editor, I still cannot make a new type without deleting old ones. Is there a program like this?

I am also looking for help on editing the title screen for Emerald. The work just seems so tedious using un-LZ or similar, then APE. Is there another way?

The last question I have is importing Pokemon. I don't want to sit around and add all of the sprites and info for all of the Pokemon I want that are in future generations (I will gladly do it for my own generation of Pokemon), but I heard that there was a program that takes the Pokemon and their Pokedex and imports it into a ROM, but I can't find it. Does anyone know something like that?

Sorry about the length, I just ran into roadblocks. I appreciate any help at all.
Arylos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th December 2013, 07:56 PM   #49
Miksy91
Gotta fill something here.

Miksy91

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arylos View Post
Hello, I know this seems off topic, but I am *extremely* new to hacking! I just got out of HTML encoding so this is a whole new world for me. I'm using C++ code for my hack.

I am looking for specific programs or anything close to what I need. One; I want to make a new Pokemon type, like in Pokemon Prism, but all of the programs I find merely edit current types and not make an entirely new one. Even with the included Type Resistance Editor, I still cannot make a new type without deleting old ones. Is there a program like this?
Hello and welcome to the forum!

I can only answer to this one question (probably accurately). One could of course build a tool for this purpose as well, but to add new functionalities to your game, you very often have to code them on your own. This is done by writing ASM routines that implement the wanted changes in the game. In GBA, there are two (I might be stating this wrong here since I haven't worked out with GBA one bit) different ways of writing code; ARM or Thumb code. Not sure which one is better, but either one of them gives more possibilities, but is slower I think.

Well anyways... if you want to add new types to your hack, you somehow need to code the functionalities for them. Koolboyman has posted a tutorial in Pokecommunity that deals with "weakness-strength" tables. You would first of all, make room for a new type in that table and add the strengths and weaknesses related to that type there. Second (and more difficult) part would be coding the new type in the hack.

Edit:
Now that I think about it, I think I have seen screenshots of Fairy type in Pokemon Cobalt in PC. You could start off by contacting the creator (Spherical Ice) or looking for possible tutorials/research related to this type adding aspect.

Last edited by Miksy91; 20th December 2013 at 07:59 PM.
Miksy91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st January 2014, 10:28 AM   #50
bcrobert

bcrobert

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miksy91 View Post
Well anyways... if you want to add new types to your hack, you somehow need to code the functionalities for them. Koolboyman has posted a tutorial in Pokecommunity that deals with "weakness-strength" tables. You would first of all, make room for a new type in that table and add the strengths and weaknesses related to that type there. Second (and more difficult) part would be coding the new type in the hack.
That's the 100% accurate professional answer. My lazy version of the answer would've been that a type is really just its relationships and (in generation 3) a graphic representing the type. The relationships can be done by repointing the structure that Koolboyman's tutorial would introduce you to. Easy. The graphic is...annoying. Iirc the tileset used in Emerald does not have any space left for new types, which means the fastest way to do it is to replace ??? or one of the contest types (Cool, Beauty, etc).

The "correct" way to do it is a hassle. I'm not even sure offhand if anyone's done it the hard way yet.

Just wanted to emphasize that if your hack does not involve contests...there's an easy way out. A tutorial on pokecommunity covers the process.

Tags
amap, atrainer, gen, hackpack, pack, pokemon, tons, tool, xse, [Multi], [Tool]