PHO - Pokémon Hackers Online
Go Back   PHO - Pokémon Hackers Online > Discussion Board > Archive > Questions & Answers

Notices

Questions & Answers Do you have a problem you need a straight answer for? Ask a question here and get an answer.

Old 30th October 2014, 04:09 AM   #1
awipe1
Neophyte

awipe1
Default Changing the HP bar

Alright so recently i'e been on the path to changing the HP bar. I have asked a few people for help but it seems like not many people know how to do this, so I am trying to figure it out so I can write a tutorial (and of course add it to my ROM).

So one thing I need to understand is unLZ, does anyone have a good tutorial for that?

For example, if you go to 574 (which is the unLZ number for the HP bar) you can see where the image is, the image after that should be the tilemap right? Because when I try to load it into NTME it says the tilemap is too big or too small (but most likely too big).

Also if I know the image is at 574, and I need to change the palette for that image, how would I do so? Because the palette that is there, is definitely not the right Palette for the actual HP bar, so I don't know exactly how unLZ works and how to find the offset for the palette of certain images.

I guess those are all the questions I have for now, if anyone can give me any more tips to changing the HP bar let me know!
awipe1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 31st October 2014, 04:46 AM   #2
Gamer2020
Beginner
PHO VIP

Gamer2020

For the palette you will have to use a debugger to help you find the location because UNLZ won't have the right palette.
Old 31st October 2014, 06:12 AM   #3
Zoe Ayamoto
Only Love Me...or Die

Zoe Ayamoto

żdebug? I think is more easy and better use the pallete viewer of VBA, you can get the pallete of the graphics are you using in real time, find with a Hex editor or with APE, is easy.
Old 10th November 2014, 05:05 AM   #4
awipe1
Neophyte

awipe1

What are these debuggers you guys speak of? Where can I download one?
Old 10th November 2014, 02:48 PM   #5
Full Metal ★
Unstable?
Ex-StaffPHO VIP

Full Metal ★ Full Metal ★

No$GBA is a good one. It has become open source. (:

★ full metal.

#busy
Full Metal ★ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th November 2014, 10:12 PM   #6
awipe1
Neophyte

awipe1

I downloaded it! Thanks

Do you know of any tutorials as how to find palettes and other hex information using a debugger? I can't find one
Old 17th July 2015, 02:53 AM   #7
Vunkmeister
Master of the Vunk

Vunkmeister has disabled reputation
Question Problems with No$GBA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Full Metal ★ View Post
No$GBA is a good one. It has become open source. (:
No$GBA for was great in the beginning, but it slowly started to glitch out. Now it doesn't even work for me. What other debuggers are there?

P.S. I've been using it for about 2 years now.
Vunkmeister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th July 2015, 04:29 PM   #8
Vunkmeister
Master of the Vunk

Vunkmeister has disabled reputation

If someone that recently found the offset for the HP bar could post it here, it would save everyone the trouble. Both for R/S/E and FR/LG. Thanks!
Vunkmeister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th July 2015, 06:32 AM   #9
Sky0fBlades
Emerald Hacker

Sky0fBlades

If you are trying to change the colors used in the actual HP bar and not the battle panel, here are the offsets I found a while back for Pokemon Emerald (English version):

Code:
Full Health (green): C11BD0 - C11BD1 (lower half), C11BD2 - C11BD3 (upper half)
Middle Health (orangish yellow): C11BD4 - C11BD5 (lower half), C11BD6 - C11BD7 (upper half)
Low Health (red): C11BD8 - C11BD9 (lower half), C11BDA - C11BDB (upper half)
Remember that the colors are in GBA RGB format and also hex-reversed, like pointers. You can find the color you want to use by playing around with Advance Map's palette editor. Then, cut it in half and switch it around. Ex: 1FD4 would be D4 1F in the hex data.

Last edited by Sky0fBlades; 20th July 2015 at 06:41 AM.
Sky0fBlades is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bar, changing