PHO - Pokémon Hackers Online
Go Back   PHO - Pokémon Hackers Online > Central PHO > Site Talk & Suggestions

Notices

Site Talk & Suggestions If you need to talk to us about the site or perhaps get help with a problem or make a suggestion, you can do it here. This section is NOT for Rom Hacking questions or anything related to Rom Hacking!
Important Links:
> Forum Rules, Forum Staff

Old 19th March 2014, 09:46 PM   #1
Pia Carrot
Orange Developer
Administrator

Pia Carrot Pia Carrot Pia Carrot Pia Carrot Pia Carrot
Default Hack Contest Ideas

So after our fail of a Christmas contest (due to lack of submissions and disappearance of a judge...), I'd like to hear some feedback on how we can improve our guidelines for the next contest. Rewards? How things should be judged?
Pia Carrot is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 20th March 2014, 02:54 AM   #2
Elsa
Let it go!
PHO VIP

Elsa

I felt that there was a lack of initiative/rewards in place... I'll think about how to fix that.

- - - - - - - Elsa - - - - - - -
Twitter | YouTube | Steam | Twitch
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Elsa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th March 2014, 02:00 PM   #3
lsmash
Neophyte

lsmash

I have some ideas:
1)Advertising
-Cross-promoting the contest through RHO and PC .

2)Increase winning chances (in other words, making it somewhat newb-friendly)
-A reward for the best of each category. Maybe a smaller one for the runner-up ?
-A bigger reward for the best entry of the contest. Let's suppose that one hack was the best in every category. It would be unfair for the creator to only get one prize. Maybe a prize for the runner-up as well ?
-A hall of fame for the winners with a link to download their games would be neat too, so the hack would get some attention.
-Maybe some more tips and guidelines...
lsmash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th March 2014, 11:43 PM   #4
Kakarot1212
not that active anymore

Kakarot1212

I agree with @ismash, and instead of making it yearly, i mean, why not make a hack of the week, or maybe hack of the month? In that way, it will somehow encourage hacker to make their hack more often.

And for the biggest prize of HotY, why not give the title "pho vip" to the winner? Nope, i think its not a good idea. LOL
Kakarot1212 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th March 2014, 01:17 AM   #5
Ewery1
Buizelmaster

Ewery1

Quote:
Originally Posted by DominatioN View Post
I agree with @ismash, and instead of making it yearly, i mean, why not make a hack of the week, or maybe hack of the month? In that way, it will somehow encourage hacker to make their hack more often.

And for the biggest prize of HotY, why not give the title "pho vip" to the winner? Nope, i think its not a good idea. LOL
You could make a title for HotY something like, "HotY Winner" and it could be one person, changing every year.

Tags
contest, hack, ideas