PHO - Pokémon Hackers Online
Go Back   PHO - Pokémon Hackers Online > Other Generations Hacking > ROM Hack Projects

ROM Hack Projects Find and play great Pokémon ROM Hacks here, or post your own hack project.
Note: This is not a place to recruit members for a team.

Old 11th July 2013, 01:54 AM   #21
Mateo
Johto Region Champion
AdministratorPHO VIP

Mateo Mateo Mateo Mateo Mateo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linkandzelda View Post
Well, I thought putting them with recoloured palettes would be better then using a placeholder from FR until getting these custom tiles. There's some more gsc recolours too which will be getting replacements in the near future.
That's true, updated pallets were definitely better than using placeholders that didn't work as well. Looking forward to seeing the updates though, sounds nice.

While I'm at it, I've definitely enjoyed it. The other day when I was playing I beat the last gym in Kanto, so I went back to Johto to try to remember where the undersea express was. Looking forward to exploring the Orange Islands now.

"I'm gonna, uh, demonstrate the hot moves..." - Flannery
Mateo is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 13th July 2013, 10:50 PM   #22
ProClifo
The Village Pirate Cat

ProClifo

What if it was possible to synchronize the game's weather with a weather forecast website and the user's location?

Nah, I'm kidding. I can always philosophize, though
Old 15th July 2013, 07:22 PM   #23
Fractal
Neophyte

Fractal
Thumbs up

Hey LaZ!
All the changes you've made in this hack; looks really very cool! and honestly, I think this one is far better that Nintendo's official remakes (HG/SS):P.
Looking forward to playing the final release now.
Best of Luck dude!
Fractal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th July 2013, 07:48 PM   #24
Mateo
Johto Region Champion
AdministratorPHO VIP

@ProClifo that would be really cool if it was possible (although for me, it would be raining about as much in-game as it has been by default, since its rained every day for a week or two now, and I swear its always raining in Liquid Crystal it feels like. Feraligatr doesn't mind though.)

I've been enjoying the Orange Islands so far. I love how you made them have multiple towns and routes on them. Too often in the old hacks where people tried to make the Orange Islands, they just made each island only have one town and it felt strange. The way you've been doing it feels more official and has been fun to explore. Currently, I just talked to Mateo about the Crystal Onix but haven't explored the cave yet. (That part might have been confusing, if I hadn't named myself Kris instead this time )

Likes Bela liked this post
Old 15th July 2013, 11:29 PM   #25
Bela
Pokémon Rose Creator
PHO VIP

Bela

A feature like that would be really complicated, if not impossible to implement. I don't think a GBA game is capable of receiving external updates like that from a real-world source. I've wanted to do something similar (with a stock market) but that sounds even less likely to be done this way lol. You would probably have to settle for some kind of in-game algorithm to work.

You might be able to come somewhat close to mapping weather with the real-world, based on something that allows you to identify where in the world you live. Then the game would just use a set pattern of weather normally associated with that region (like if you lived in Seattle/Northwest United States, you'd get a lot of rain =P). That still sounds pretty complicated though.

Last edited by Bela; 15th July 2013 at 11:32 PM.
Bela is offline   Reply With Quote
Likes Elsa liked this post
Old 15th July 2013, 11:56 PM   #26
droomph
握りモンスター
Ex-StaffPHO VIP

droomph

That's definitely not possible, though it is on a Nintendo DS and up.

Maybe when he ports it to the 3DS

(which is never)
Old 8th August 2013, 05:18 PM   #27
mucus
n00b

mucus

The absolute best fanhack i've ever played.
Thank you so much for this amazing thing! I can't wait to see what you have instore for us!
mucus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th August 2013, 04:55 PM   #28
LCCoolJ95
n00b

LCCoolJ95

I love this game. It is one of my favorite rom hacks. I hope everything goes well with the finalization of this game.
LCCoolJ95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th October 2013, 11:34 PM   #29
Mateo
Johto Region Champion
AdministratorPHO VIP

So, night before last, I dreamed that I was a student again, and I dreamed that we were all assigned to play this hack for a class. A freshman in the class was complaining that "This hack is too hard" and I told him "Fool, you only had to get to Goldenrod City for class today. I'm already in the Orange Islands." I have no idea what class it was supposed to be in the dream, but I thought it was crazy enough that it stuck with me. I posted about it on Romhacker Mateo over on Facebook, but I thought I'd mention it in here. Haha.

Likes Linkandzelda liked this post
Old 27th October 2013, 10:14 AM   #30
Linkandzelda
RHO つぃちょう
Webmaster

Linkandzelda Linkandzelda Linkandzelda

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mateo View Post
So, night before last, I dreamed that I was a student again, and I dreamed that we were all assigned to play this hack for a class. A freshman in the class was complaining that "This hack is too hard" and I told him "Fool, you only had to get to Goldenrod City for class today. I'm already in the Orange Islands." I have no idea what class it was supposed to be in the dream, but I thought it was crazy enough that it stuck with me. I posted about it on Romhacker Mateo over on Facebook, but I thought I'd mention it in here. Haha.
Lol sweet, it's funny what our subconscious says. If you dreamed others said it was too hard, does that mean it's too hard? I'm only recently thinking about what people think of the back to back battle before ilex forest xD

Linkandzelda is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
33xxxxx, beta, crystal, firered, GBA:, liquid, live, pokemon, [GBA]