PHO - Pokémon Hackers Online
Go Back   PHO - Pokémon Hackers Online > Hacking Suite > Hack Showcase

Notices

Hack Showcase The spotlight of some of our favourite hacks. Consider this our Seal of Quality™.

User Tag List

Old 2nd May 2014, 08:54 PM   #151
Miksy91
Gotta fill something here.

Miksy91

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mateo View Post
No the problem before came from the stupid checks gamefreak had in the specoal command. In order for it to return true, you had to be playing the pokeflute song AND be standing on hardcoded x and y values. I replaced that by just checking for the pokeflute station to be playing and ignoring the x and y values since you kinda have to be standing next to him in order to talj to him. No signpost events are necessary.
Huh... kinda strange of them to implement it that way actually.
I just figured the snorlax is a normal people event and it's script is all that is executed when you talk to it, but it can be approached only from a few sides/positions and not all.
Old 2nd May 2014, 09:03 PM   #152
Luna
Johto Region Champion
AdministratorPHO VIP

Luna Luna Luna Luna Luna

Yeah that was a weird way to do it on their part. It is a normal people event so you can talk to it from any direction, but by moving it to accomodate the map changes it would refuse to wake up because you weren't standing on the right place any more. Weird. But it has no such problems any more so all is good now

"I'm gonna, uh, demonstrate the hot moves..." - Flannery
Luna is offline   Reply With Quote
Likes Miksy91 liked this post
Old 13th June 2014, 05:32 AM   #153
MetalKnick
Neophyte

MetalKnick

Bumping because it's about to hit page 2. I can't let that happen. And hoping for status update?
MetalKnick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th June 2014, 05:49 AM   #154
Luna
Johto Region Champion
AdministratorPHO VIP

Luna Luna Luna Luna Luna

Well, let's see. A few things I've announced on PC but forgot to announce here:

- I finished a secret/surprise feature that I was planning.
- I'm working on adding a version of the "Trendy Phrase" from Gen III. It will be used for fun, but will also be able to unlock some things if all goes as planned. More on that later though.
- I made berry trees give you more than just 1 berry at the time.
- I added Rock Climb (that was a while back, I'm pretty sure I mentioned that here but just making sure). It will be a TM instead of an HM, but it will still require the Earth Badge to use it outside of battle, the same as it did in Heart Gold.
- I'm planning to include a clone of Mystery Gift that you can use single-player, since to my knowledge there are no GBC emulators that emulate the IR port on the top of the system, making the original Mystery Gift useless in a rom.

I'm also *fingers crossed* hoping for a "Christmas in July" release, but I make no promises on that since I don't know for sure how busy work will keep me. That is still what I'm aiming for though, so if it isn't ready by the end of July I will just get it out as soon as it is ready anyway instead of saying "Oh I missed July, guess I'll just wait until December". So yeah, hopefully some time in the next month or two.

Likes Elsa liked this post
Old 17th June 2014, 03:03 AM   #155
Luna
Johto Region Champion
AdministratorPHO VIP

Luna Luna Luna Luna Luna

Just bumping this to say that I should have some new updates soon, since I have the next 2 days off from work, so I'll have more free time to work on this.

In the meantime, here is a devamp I made tonight. I don't know if I will make a snowy version to use here specifically or if I will end up using it somewhere else.

And no, I'm not planning to add the Hoenn Battle Frontier to this hack, because that would be silly. If I ended up using this it would be somewhere else, but yeah Hoenn's Battle Frontier is where the original building came from.

Likes Weloxux liked this post
Old 24th June 2014, 01:02 AM   #156
Luna
Johto Region Champion
AdministratorPHO VIP

Luna Luna Luna Luna Luna

Just bumping this thread with a goofy video that shows off the Mart tileset, while also pointing out that not all of the NPCs are serious. So you might want to, you know, talk to them and see what they have to say. You might get a laugh from some of them (or at the very least, say "Hey! I know what he's talking about!").

Likes MetalKnick, anaphysik, lsmash liked this post
Old 4th July 2014, 09:10 PM   #157
Luna
Johto Region Champion
AdministratorPHO VIP

Luna Luna Luna Luna Luna

A little update for you all. I decided that since I had some unused tilesets, and since NPCs claim that it is summer in South Isle while one tries to awkwardly explain away the snow, I decided to just make South Isle not snowy anymore. So while Kanto and Johto are snowy, South Isle is not. Here is a little video showing off the update. May contain a couple of very slight spoilers but not really. Everyone pretty much knows there is a Legend Festival and a Team Rocket event there, and this doesn't really show off either of those in any detail.

Old 10th July 2014, 09:09 PM   #158
MrPokeStone
YouTuber

MrPokeStone

This looks awesome xD Let me know when its fully out, id love to record some type of christmas special of it on my channel
MrPokeStone is offline   Reply With Quote
Likes Luna liked this post
Old 20th August 2014, 12:16 AM   #159
Luna
Johto Region Champion
AdministratorPHO VIP

Luna Luna Luna Luna Luna

So I just realized that I've been slacking really hard on updating this thread. Glad you like it, and I'll try to get this thread up-to-date. Not sure when the release will be ready, but it should be ready by Christmas I would hope.

Likes Xansus, MikaruMenoko liked this post
Old 25th August 2014, 07:04 PM   #160
THAPELO

THAPELO

will it going to be available in meboy
THAPELO is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
2014, christmas, johto, legacy, pokemon, released, version, [GB/GBC], [Gen II]