PHO - Pokémon Hackers Online
Go Back   PHO - Pokémon Hackers Online > Hacking Suite > Hack Showcase

Notices

Hack Showcase The spotlight of some of our favourite hacks. Consider this our Seal of Quality™.

User Tag List

Old 18th March 2014, 08:36 AM   #131
PFWG

PFWG

The first thing I thought of when I saw this was: "it would be the best thing ever if all the Pokemon were wearing little santa hats".

Just food for thought.
PFWG is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 18th March 2014, 01:31 PM   #132
LateNightHacker
Neophyte

LateNightHacker

I was always hoping that one hack has that kind of town map, and you really made it! Just cant wait for the next version of chrismas hack!

Btw, How long it took to make those graphical upgrades? ( That town map)?
LateNightHacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th March 2014, 04:14 PM   #133
lsmash
Neophyte

lsmash

Looking forward to the demo, because i like what i've seen so far.
Btw, will Saffron city's fighting dojo be like Gen 1/3, or Gen 2/4 ?

Here is a little explanation of how the dojo "works" in the Gens (you may already now it but i wrote it in case you had forgotten):
Spoiler:
Gen 1/3: It's like a gym, except you get a pokemon instead of badge if you beat the karate master.
Gen 2/4: There is a lone NPC, the karate master is in Johto, no battles in the dojo. In Gen 4, gym leaders can be rebattled in the dojo (and the karate master is now a karate king, but that's not really important).
lsmash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th March 2014, 05:46 PM   #134
Luna
Johto Region Champion
AdministratorPHO VIP

Luna Luna Luna Luna Luna

Quote:
Originally Posted by lsmash View Post
Looking forward to the demo, because i like what i've seen so far.
Btw, will Saffron city's fighting dojo be like Gen 1/3, or Gen 2/4 ?

Here is a little explanation of how the dojo "works" in the Gens (you may already now it but i wrote it in case you had forgotten):
Spoiler:
Gen 1/3: It's like a gym, except you get a pokemon instead of badge if you beat the karate master.
Gen 2/4: There is a lone NPC, the karate master is in Johto, no battles in the dojo. In Gen 4, gym leaders can be rebattled in the dojo (and the karate master is now a karate king, but that's not really important).
Currently the Dojo is like Gen II. I'm still debating on whether I would rather make it be more like Gen I/III or Gen IV though. Rematching Gym Leaders would be cool, so I've considered that way. But at the same time, there is also an unofficial gym in Johto that is modeled exactly after the Fighting Dojo from Gen I and III. So having the original Dojo behave this way too would be nice as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LateNightHacker View Post
I was always hoping that one hack has that kind of town map, and you really made it! Just cant wait for the next version of chrismas hack!

Btw, How long it took to make those graphical upgrades? ( That town map)?
Well, most of the new tiles and pallets were donated by ~G0LD! and I'm not sure how long it took her to make them. Then I added the green dots for locations and some extra tiles for where paths join together and fixed all the pallet assignments and played with the maps to get them right. Didn't take super long to get it in the rom though, I spent more time tweaking the layout until I was happy with it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PFWG
The first thing I thought of when I saw this was: "it would be the best thing ever if all the Pokemon were wearing little santa hats".

Just food for thought.
Thanks for commenting, but I'm going to have to veto that idea. If this was just a holiday gimmick I might go with it, but since I've been trying to make this a serious hack that just happens to take place around Christmas, I think that would just be extremely out of place. Sorry mate.

"I'm gonna, uh, demonstrate the hot moves..." - Flannery
Luna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd March 2014, 01:09 PM   #135
LateNightHacker
Neophyte

LateNightHacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mateo View Post
Well, most of the new tiles and pallets were donated by ~G0LD! and I'm not sure how long it took her to make them. Then I added the green dots for locations and some extra tiles for where paths join together and fixed all the pallet assignments and played with the maps to get them right. Didn't take super long to get it in the rom though, I spent more time tweaking the layout until I was happy with it.
Oh, so you and ~G0LD haves some teamwork, right? :D
Hope that you get finished this update soon! Good luck!
LateNightHacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Likes Luna liked this post
Old 23rd March 2014, 02:36 PM   #136
Zoe Ayamoto
Only Love Me...or Die

Zoe Ayamoto

Quote:
Originally Posted by LateNightHacker View Post
Oh, so you and ~G0LD haves some teamwork, right?
Hope that you get finished this update soon! Good luck!
No, I only give the palletes and tileset of the Townmap, I dont work to Mateo, but he give me help (without the Mateo's help my hack never be a playable version)
Old 23rd March 2014, 02:46 PM   #137
Luna
Johto Region Champion
AdministratorPHO VIP

Luna Luna Luna Luna Luna

Yeah, like ~G0LD! said, we aren't a "team" or anything, but we've both helped each other out at times.

Old 23rd March 2014, 08:48 PM   #138
Chamber
I'm a n00b D:

Chamber

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~G0LD! View Post
Wow, its fantastic the town map, the autor is a genie (?)
Ok ok. No more jokes, really if you like give credits give credits to @Chamber , she is the autor of the concept of the worldmap.
Thanks for the credits GOLD_Z!

If I may Mateo, I want to show the first work done with that map.

(This map use the same pallets, but the .gif format makes them look different.)

You and miksy do an excellent job in this forum, GOLD and I admire their hacks and their contribution to the community.

Occasionally should take a look at "Whack a Hack" so they could see the GBC hacks that are cooked there, the quality of the graphics of spriters and more things.

Now to talk a little about the hack, I must say that is a delight graphic the adaptations that you've done your tiles.

Hope soon to play a sample of your work.

"Saludos Amigo!!!"
Chamber is offline   Reply With Quote
Likes Luna liked this post
Old 27th March 2014, 05:43 PM   #139
CrystalMarina
Best in Johto

CrystalMarina

I have an idea about the fighting dojo. What if you sorta did both ideas? Like, make it so at first it does like gen 1 and you fight some karatemen and get a fighting Pokemon (Maybe Hitmontop?) And then if you come back later after you do that, then you can do rematches with other trainers there like in gen 4. Not sure if that would be too much work or not, but it might be neat.
Old 29th March 2014, 10:06 PM   #140
Luna
Johto Region Champion
AdministratorPHO VIP

Luna Luna Luna Luna Luna

@Chamber - I definitely like your map, and it was the one ~G0LD! showed me when she offered to add the tiles. I've gone to Whack A Hack a few times, but I haven't gotten around to registering there yet or anything. I will eventually though! Also, glad you like the updates I've been making, and hopefully I will have it ready for you guys to play relatively soon.
@CrystalMarina - That could be a fun idea. I was originally planning to have some rematches in the Trainer House in Viridian, but I keep changing my mind on how I want the trainer house to work anyway, so adding rematches in the Dojo would serve that same purpose and be more like Heart Gold. I'll keep that idea in mind.

==================

Also, while I'm here, I wanted to apologize for my seeming lack of hacking activity lately. I recently got a job and so I've had a lot less free time to work on the hack or post updates. So the hack certainly isn't dead or anything, I've just been a lot more busy lately.

Tags
2014, christmas, johto, legacy, pokemon, released, version, [GB/GBC], [Gen II]