View Single Post
Old 26th January 2017, 03:28 AM   #2
DoomInAJar

DoomInAJar

I think I have a lead on the problem: I need to be changing experience and/or levels along with the Pokemon species.

The reason for this is that different Pokemon level up at different rates. For example, Pidgey and Bulbasaur level up at a medium-slow rate, whereas Weedle, Caterpie, Kakuna, and Rattata level up at a medium-fast rate; thus, a Rattata with X experience should be at an equal or higher level to a Bulbasaur with X experience. When I convert a Rattata to a Bulbasaur and don't touch the level or experience, the game gets a little bit confused since the Pokemon has a higher level than it should. This fault triggers a failure when trying to calculate the experience required to reach the next level, which is shown in the Summary screen. The game did not crash when converting a Pidgey to a Bulbasaur since they level up at a similar rate.

A possible solution would be to calculate the experience that the new Pokemon should have at its current level, and write that value to the Pokemon.
DoomInAJar is offline   Reply With Quote